Monday, September 27, 2010

Thesis prep II collages, final round

So after the last round of collages, I felt like I was getting stuck trying to make an image that was quite literal relate to a more abstract notion of the term I was trying to define. I put together new images as collages to abstract a bit more.

Light and Shadow: So putting two and two together with what I was trying to show in my last round, I wanted to create a central beacon of light where everything representational of shadow radiated off of it. I tried to match the direction of shadow with their positioning on the collage.
(Section)
Boundaries: This time I wanted to focus on the natural boundary, or boundaries that were created by nature or the landscape. I tried to include a few of the elements that would made up a natural boundary: water, fields, trees, and mountains. Then I mixed in a few man made elements, like walls, agriculture, and cities.
(Section)

No comments:

Post a Comment