Thursday, September 24, 2009

This man is a god

I mean, averaging 32mph over about an hour? Ridiculous...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/76th-uci-road-world-championships-cm/stages/stage-3/results
Its really nice to be able to watch the races at local times. Props to Zirbel for his performance, he was sitting with top time all day until the last group of riders came in, but still managed fourth. Definitely a ProTour level rider.

As for my biking while I'm over here, its sad to say that I won't get out to ride any of the Alps. Its just too expensive to get over there for four days, and coming back on Sunday is the most expensive flying day in Europe. Anyways, I'm going to Milan for my first travel and maybe we can work out a day riding some of the mountains north of there. However, for the second travel at the end of next month, I'm headed out to Belgium to see some real cyclocross. GVA Trofee - Koppenbergcross and Superprestige Hoogstraten, there should be some epic racing going on there.

I'll make my comeback to collegiate cycling when we get back to the States, hopefully I'll be in some form of shape. I'll look to maybe go to CX nationals this year! (joking) Road nationals are already planned on, but I'll need more than two weekends of cross to consider going out to Oregon. Maybe next year, assuming I get into the Master's program.

No comments:

Post a Comment