Thursday, August 20, 2009

Blog Resurrection

So, its been awhile...

I ended the collegiate racing season in less-than-good form, basically riding maybe once a week and just racing on the weekends. My final project kinda took over at school, and called it a season. Next year I am planning on going back to A's and staying there the whole season, whether or not I get shelled. Maybe I'll get lucky one weekend when nobody shows up because of some big USCF race and I'll score points for nationals, I heard it worked for this one kid at Union.

So came my summer, and having a required co-op led me to search all over, despite the rough economy. I ended up going back to Martha's Vineyard for the NINTH STRAIGHT SUMMER. Don't get me wrong, I love the vineyard, its a great vacation spot, but dealing with a disconnect from the mainland and dealing with the boatloads (literally) of tourists gets to you after nine years. However, it wasn't all that bad as I got to go back to the great job I had last summer interning at Hutker Architects. I got to work on a lot of cool projects this summer, and on top of all the work they have despite a turning economy, they're getting ready for an office renovation, a website update and a book coming out soon, so I forward to seeing great things from them in the coming months.

Now, the main reason why I have decided to pull up this blog again is for my coming semester abroad trip. I want to keep my friends and family updated on the cool stuff we're doing around Europe, with plenty of photos and talk on how much we're (not) focused on studio work. My flight for Amsterdam is this coming Wednesday, and from there we'll head to Paris, Basel, and eventually Berlin for the rest of the semester. I just got an awesome new camera to help in my travels, finally getting past a point + shoot and moving up to a sweet Canon Rebel XSi DSLR system.

I'll update tomorrow with some details of my racing season (and all other misfortunes) of this summer. Off to bed, last day of work tomorrow.

Gute nacht (I'll attempt to learn German at some point)

No comments:

Post a Comment